En Primeur Cask Sales Terms and Conditions
1. The certificate of cask ownership and these Terms and Conditions comprise the contract of sale for the purchase of new make spirit between The Cotswold Distilling Company Limited, a company registered in England under number 08561633, whose registered office is Phillip’s Field, Whichford Road, Stourton, Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire CV36 5EX, United Kingdom (hereinafter referred to as the Supplier, CDC, our, us and we) and a Customer (also referred to as you or your, purchaser and owner).
2. The casks are only available for purchase by individuals or small groups. We require a single point of contact who will be the legal owner of the cask. Ownership can be transferred to another, single named owner
3. Payment is due before the cask is filled and bottling costs will be required prior to bottling.
4. The wooden cask remains the property of Cotswolds Distillery.
5. Final bottle volumes will depend on cask type, age and the ABV that the whisky is finally bottled at.
6. Up to 10 years’ storage and insurance charges are included in the purchase price.
7. Casks are stored with other Cotswolds Distillery stock at one of our bonded warehouses in the Cotswolds.
8. It is the responsibility of the cask owner to advise the company of any changes of address or ownership in writing.
9. You are welcome to visit your cask, but this must be done strictly by appointment only. We request a month’s notice for both private cask visits and cask sampling. We are a busy working distillery and there will be times when visits may not be possible.
10. You will be entitled to an annual sample of your spirit during the storage period. Upon request, we will take one 100ml duty paid sample per year which we will pass to you. Sampling directly from the cask is not permitted under any circumstances.
11. The whisky cask is purchased in an individual capacity for own use, not for resale to an individual or bottler.
12. Pricing is subject to UK duty and VAT which is subject to change by HMRC with no notice.
13. Bottling will be carried out by Cotswolds Distillery at the prevailing cost at the time of bottling. The cask must be bottled in its entirety. We require a minimum of 90 days’ notice of the owner’s intention to bottle their cask. On completion of bottling we can deliver at the prevailing rate to a UK address, or the cask owner can arrange for collection of the bottles.
14. Cotswolds Distillery and all associated logos, designs and devices are the property of the Cotswolds Distilling Company Limited.
15. For UK taxpayers, UK Capital Gains Tax is not applicable as whisky is regarded as a ‘tangible’, ‘movable’ and ‘wasting asset’. Whisky purchased in cask for personal use, as gifts for family, godchildren and friends, etc would therefore be exempt.
16. At the conclusion of the sale the liquid becomes the property of the customer and is held in bond and insured on their behalf at no extra charge.